Sunday, 21 February 2010

Author sketchbook

I started thinking using collage in this sketchbook, using the photographs i took in ireland and contrasting them with images from my own house. I had a lot of religious imagery, which got me thinking about the role it plays in my life, im not at all religious, but coming from an Irish catholic family were the older generation are, there are reminders of it everywhere.

I took the photograph of the religious statue thats lost its head..and replaced it with mickey mouse style ears and eyes, playing with the idea of being a fraud in regards to religion, and with objects being there just for show.
I also scanned in images from childhood books and games and collaged them together to make new pictures from what is, to me, already familiar imagery.

No comments:

Post a Comment